HEALTH & WHOLENESS COM
CONTACT: Marsha Zelloth / EMAIL
MEETINGS: First Thursday of each Month at 6:30pm in the St. Joan of Arc Community Room
DESCRIPTION: The Health and Wholeness Committee is comprised of several ministries
- Communion Ministries: Shorehaven Health Center, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, Lake Country Health & Rehabilitation Center provide weekly visits.
- Sick & Homebound ministry which includes social, light domestic help and communion visits.
- Blood Pressure Screening on the first weekend of each month.
- Senior Ministry which provides opportunities for community and church-family activities for seniors along with providing access to community assistance services.
- Prayer Shawl ministry which provides shawls handmade with prayers offered for those who will receive them- those who are experiencing difficult life situations and the elderly.
- Elizabeth Ministry which provides baby quilts for newly baptized babies; prayer roses/prayer cards located in chapel for pregnant mothers, adoption, infertility and health concerns of mother or baby.
- Sheepshead Card Club on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 in the multi-purpose room of the school.
- Greeting Card Ministry – cards of support to parish members in need.
- Prayer Chain – on-going prayer circle keeping those with special requests in prayer.
- Providing the sick and homebound members of our faith community with Eucharist and support on a continuous basis.
- Obtained and implemented Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) for St. Joan of Arc.
- Providing events and social activities for seniors.
- Providing on-going blood pressure screening records.
- Keeping those in need supported by prayer and cards of concern.
OTHER: Health & Wholeness also serves through monthly blood pressure screenings (First weekend of each month), visiting and supporting family needs involving child birth, bereavement, sending cards of support to parish members in need, as well as other health related needs of the parish.