HUMAN CONCERNS COMMISSION
PURPOSE: This commission discerns and responds to the needs of persons in the parish, the wider community and the world by identifying resources to meet their needs and enlisting the active cooperation of parishioners. The members collaborate with the pastor, staff, and other organizations and agencies in service, advocacy, justice education, and empowerment of people.
CONTACT PERSON: Chairperson: Jean Boray / EMAIL / 262-354 -0108
USUAL MEETING TIME: The second Tuesday of the month at 10:00am in the parish community room. (See calendar for upcoming meetings.)
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Human Concerns Commission is to fulfill the parish mission through dynamic interaction involving the parish and the greater community by:
- Providing education on social issues;
- Identifying areas of related needs;
- Responding to and Supporting actions to meet those needs;
- According to scripture and Catholic Social Teaching.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS and GOALS: Important work of the commission has included organizing Thanksgiving and monthly food drives, creating and maintaining the parish community garden to provide fresh produce to area food pantries, Christmas giving, volunteering time and support to homeless families through Family Promise of Waukesha County, supporting and providing for the needs of our senior community and providing outreach grants to local, national and international non-profits serving those in need. In addition, the community researches volunteer opportunities for parish members wishing to serve those in need directly.
- To discern the needs of the people in our parishes and the wider community.
- To discern the needs of the poor and homeless and identify resources to meet those needs.
- To discern the needs of the older adults in our parish communities and identify resources and activities to meet those needs.
YOUR PARTICIPATION: All registered parish members are welcome to be members to the Commission.
To learn more, CLICK HERE to contact us.