Bereavement Ministry (SC)
At St. Catherine’s, we believe that no one should ever grieve alone. Contact St. Catherine's Parish Office, if you are in need of support. Often, the period of time following a funeral is more difficult than the funeral itself. If you are grieving the loss of a loved one, we are here to provide a listening ear, and direct you to various resources and means of grief support.
Bereavement Ministry (SJ)
“Blessed are those who mourn: for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4
CONTACT: Ellen Heitman / EMAIL / 262-646-8078
USUAL MEETING TIME: First Tuesday of the month at 5:30pm in the Parish Community Room. No meetings in January, February, July, August and the November meeting is the All Souls Mass.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the bereavement ministry is to provide compassionate and loving assistance to bereaved parishioners and family members of parishioners, by supporting them through the entire grieving process.
DESCRIPTION: Through our Bereavement Ministry, we seek to reach out to all those in the parish who have experienced the death of a loved one. We provide consolation, spiritual support and offer assistance with funeral masses.
- We organize a luncheon and provide baking and serving of food.
- We send sympathy and encouragement cards to the bereaved for a period of one year after death.
- We offer a listening ear and caring presence.
- We pray for and with our bereaved families.
- We participate at the funeral services held at St. Joan of Arc and in the community.
- We disseminate grief related materials to educate families on grief recovery.
- We conduct an annual memorial service.
- We participate and assist in the All Souls Mass in November. A collection of pictures honoring loved ones who have died in the past year are displayed on our own “Jacobs Ladder”.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Attend funerals
- Bake food
- Help set-up and clean up for luncheons
- Pray for the bereaved families
- Send out care notes
- Attend meetings
To learn more, CLICK HERE to contact us.