If you have been considering learning more about the Catholic faith, now may be the time to act!
- Is your heart looking for something more?
- Were you not baptized or affiliated with any church and have the desire to be a member of a church community?
- Have life events caused you to consider joining the Catholic Church?
- Were you baptized in another denomination but are now interested in learning more about the Catholic faith
- Are you a non-active Catholic who has been away from he Church and would like to get reacquainted?
- Are you Catholic and feel called to complete First Communion and/or Confirmation?
- Are you an adult Catholic who would like to learn more about the Church and mature in your faith?
- Is there anyone in your life such as a friend, family member, coworker, or acquaintance who may identify with these statements?
We invite you to explore Catholic spirituality in community, deepening our relationship with Jesus. A journey of faith is personal and we welcome all inquiries in a warm and safe environment. There is no obligation to make any commitment to become Catholic unless you feel called by God.
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is the process by which people who are interested and desire to be baptized or complete their initiation into the Catholic church by celebrating the sacraments of Confirmation and Communion attend sessions along with a team of parishioners, who serve as guides and mentors. It truly is a journey in faith!
Through regular in person gatherings (Covid protocols followed), we not only grow in a deeper appreciation and understanding of the Catholic sacraments, beliefs and practices, but also share faith stories about how the Holy Spirit has worked through each of us in the trials and triumphs of life. No matter how alone or unaffiliated you may have felt at times, God has always been with us along the journey.
Don’t forget that this can apply to others in our lives who we can see are searching. Sometimes as Catholics we take our faith for granted and do not invite others who may be interested in becoming Catholic, we just assume that if they are interested, they will find their own way. Your invitation may be just what someone needs to take the next step.
No matter your current status in the Catholic church, personal history, or your own self-image of your holiness or virtue, we invite you to join us. You belong to Jesus Christ and you belong to us!
Please note that the RCIA Process is adapted for children ages 7 and above who have not been baptized or have other sacramental needs.
CONTACT: Ellen Heitman EMAIL / 262-646-8078