Existing Family Registration
New student registrations from families who already have a child or children attending St. Joan of Arc Parish School will be accepted for Grades 3K-8 via the registration forms sent home in January. These registrations will be accepted in the order in which they are received until the class limit has been met. Up to five (5) additional registrations per class will be placed on a waiting list.
New Family Registration
New student registrations will begin on the Sunday of Catholic Schools Week (usually the last week in January). Date and time will be noted on each registration form. The priority system will be in effect for two weeks commencing with the Sunday of Catholic Schools Week. After this period, registration will be on a first come first serve basis in accordance with the general admissions statement:
In the event that there are more students applying to a grade level than what we can accommodate, new students will be accepted according to the following priorities:
1. Children who presently have older siblings in the school.
2. Children whose siblings have already graduated from the parish school.
3. The children of past graduates whose families are parishioners of St. Joan of Arc and St. Catherine’s Parish.
4. The children of St. Joan of Arc and St. Catherine parishioners.
5. New students from a non-parishioner family who want to attend St. Joan of Arc Parish School.
Kindergarten Admission Requirements
When seeking admission to Junior Kindergarten, the child must be three (3) or four (4) years of age on or before September 1st in the year the child proposes to enter school. When seeking admission to Senior Kindergarten, the child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1st in the year the child proposes to enter school. Admission of children reaching the appropriate age during September may be granted at the principal’s discretion.
New Student Requirements
1. Student records and a copy of the most recent evaluation (report card) must be on file.
2. All students must meet the immunization requirements as stated in the Wisconsin Statute and Archdiocesan Policies.
3. An evaluation of academic and behavioral progress will take place at the end of each quarter. Final evaluation will take place at the end of the first year.
4. If a student’s parents are separated or divorced, a copy of the legal custody document must be submitted and the Confidential Custody Form completed.
5. Any student expelled from a previous school due to or because of drugs or alcohol will only be admitted to St. Joan of Arc Parish School based on the following:
- On-going counseling is required.
- Documentation of treatment will be required.
- Probationary period will be one year.
6. Any student expelled from a previous school due to or because of possession of weapons/firearms will not be admitted to St. Joan of Arc Parish School.
St. Joan of Arc Parish School admits students of any race, color, religion, national, and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship or loan programs, and athletic and school administered programs.
St. Joan of Arc Parish School does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational and employment policies and practices, except where the school is exempt from compliance by religious tenets.