SJOA SCHOOL HISTORY
St. Joan of Arc Parish School opened in its Okauchee location in 1955 with 100 students housed in four classrooms and six grade levels. In 1969 the Parish School Board voted to suspend the operation of the school due to declining enrollment, lack of teaching sisters and lack of financial support. The school was reopened in 1978.
In 1997, the parish moved from its home in Okauchee to its new home in Nashotah. The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on Christmas Eve. The school continued to operate in Okauchee until August of 2002, when the new Education Center was dedicated by Bishop Richard Sklba.
Since 2002, the school has continued to operate at its home in Nashotah. In 2008, the school was honored with Exemplary Accreditation in the area of Mission, Community and Climate by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. The school is accredited by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation through 2023.
In the fall of 2016, we were very excited to open our 3K program. Today, the school serves students in 3K-8th grade.